Friday, February 26, 2016

Week 7 Reading Diary: Epified TV in India (Part A)

Title: Epified TV in India
Author(s): Unknown
Created: April 2015

Bhishma steals the three princesses

I did not realize Bhishma stole Amba, Amica, and Ambalica. I also thought it very odd that Amba could not go back to the man she loved. She was never with or married to any of the men, so I don’t quite understand why he would not take her. I also did not realize that Amba is a strong reason in everything that happened to Bhishma.

Kunthi

I just realized that the story of Karna sounds very similar to the Christian story of Moses. A baby who could not be kept that the mother knew was destined for great things. I did not notice while reading the Mahabharata that there is such a timeline hole with Karna (basically his whole life until the last ~ten years). This might be a good storytelling.

The 100 Sons

I had no idea about the lump born to Gandhari that became the 100 evil sons. It is actually quite gross to think about. I know there could be many stories that come from this weirdness.

Duryodhana pushed Bhima into the water! In the Mahabharata, this specific story did not happen. This just made me hate Duryodhana that much more. Video 15 would be such a great story to embellish. I wish I had read more about this in the book.
Bhima (Wiki)

Astras were briefly mentioned when they discussed Drona. I have read multiple students stories about astras and I think it would be neat to write one of my own. Maybe this time I will try doing so with a different storytelling method.

No comments:

Post a Comment