Saturday, February 20, 2016

Thoughts about Comments

My favorite kind of comment on one of my stories has multiple parts.  They don't always have to be the same parts, but a variation of comment type is just what I need for proper feedback.  The most helpful is whether a person enjoyed the story or not.  The second is their favorite/least favorite parts, and the third is any advice.  The most helpful thing in a comment is when someone provides a kind but constructive criticism.  This way, I am able to fix what is needed.

In the beginning, I tried to only say the nicest things in comments. With time, I realized it is perfectly fine to still be kind and honest about a persons writing, but throw in some curve balls too.  Sometimes it is a question on the plot or with a character, and other times it is just a question I want to know.  This way a person can fill in any plot holes they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment