Friday, April 8, 2016

Portfolio Index

This post is the index of my Portfolio. I hope you find something fun for you to read!

Story Guide 

The Golden Shoes - This story is about the worker taking care of the sandals that Bharata was using as a stand-in for Rama on the throne.

Bharat, A Future Undecided - This story is about Shakuntala and Dushmanta's son Bharat (NOT the same as Rama's brother in The Ramayana).  He is a small character from the epic Mahabharata.  Is he ready to rule the kingdom without his parents?  Find out!

Uttarai's Sacrifice - This is another story based on R.K. Narayan's Mahabharata, two children are pledged to each other: Arjuna's son and Virata's daughter.  This short story epic follow Uttarai in her thoughts and actions up until the wedding.
 
A Goblin Gone Good - A follow-up to The Goblin and the Sneeze, this story follows a goblin, a son, and a father into the city.  Find out what follows!

Mighty Princess Maya - This story follows a brave leader and warrior named Maya into the evil filled woods behind her land.  Here, we find out if she is able to save her people from destruction hiding in the trees!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Whitney!

    Great job on your blog theme. I like the rain drops because it makes your blog seem very relaxing. It is fun to see all the different styles people have chosen to represent themselves. I also like your introduction to your portfolio. I like blogs that have a little information on what your goal is for the portfolio.

    One suggestion I might have is to add more pictures to your portfolio introduction post. This way the person viewing your portfolio has an even better preview of the story that they want to read. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words so it is an easy way to add a lot of depth to your blog in general. Great job overall though.

    I hope you had a good Spring Break.
    I look forward to reading more from your blog and seeing your portfolio grow!

    -Sara Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney,

    I thought you did an excellent job on the story. I’m glad you included the author’s note at the beginning and the end. It was very detailed and flowed right into the beginning of your story. The ending caught me by surprise. I thought Gobby had been reformed. I certainly didn’t expect the father to cut his head off. You did a good job picking out the images. I guess that was a photo of the trio during the good times! Thanks for the link to the The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India. I will have to take a look at some of this author’s other works in the future.

    I would also like to comment on your overall look of your blog. The weather widget is pretty cool. I also chose your blog for my free choice. You have quite a few stories in your portfolio. The intro page was laid out great and made it easy for me to chose a story. I look forward to reading more of your work this semester.

    ReplyDelete