Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 10 Reading Diary: Sita Sings the Blues (Part A)

Author: Nina Paley
Title: Sita Sings the Blues
Year: 2008

Oh my!  This is very bright, colorful, and fun.  I like the three people arguing over what happened.  It makes the story more real and less documentary-like.  Sita singing is PERFECT.  This new take is fantastic.  I could re-write the story of Sita convincing Rama she needed to go with him into the forest.
I have always really enjoyed all stories about Hanuman (monkey warrior, son of Shiva), so a story about Hanuman would be a good idea.  Something like a conversation between him and other monkeys or between him and Rama on the journey.  
The battle where Sita sings through it is one of my favorite parts!
Another story possibility is that I could make a story where Rama and Sita are in modern times and something happens similar to the story.  Maybe this would make Rama's actions looks even more stupid than they already were.


Sita Sings the Blue poster (Wiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment