Sunday, January 17, 2016

Storybook Favorites: Spring 2016

Looking through some of the past storybook’s for this class, I was blown away by the creativity. I know “LOL” is a common phrase, but I actually laughed out loud at some of them!

Post Secret Sanskrit

This storybook was by far my favorite. I am partial to postsecret.com, as I have been visiting the website every Sunday since I was 13. Though the layout and design are quite familiar (just like the post secret website), the characters are completely unfamiliar to me. This post was incredibly well put together, and the introduction had me hooked enough to read almost the whole thing. I now see why pictures are so important for the flow of the story.

(Screenshot of Post Secret Sanskrit page)

Sita: A Song of Valor

I don’t know why, but the snippets of Sita’s story I have seen stand out to me tremendously. This writer made a simple but easy to follow storybook. It is well written and easy to follow. I do wish the layout was more exciting; not busy with crazy colors everywhere, but more involved than just white and orange on everything. The introduction is very well written, and draws the reader in, but the font is so small that my eyes kept wanting to stop reading when I would lose the line I was on.
(Screenshot of Sita: A Song of Valor page)

Epic Women Tell All

The font and layout for this was simple, but pleasing to the eye. I really like the introduction for this one. It consisted of a game show where the three women involved would finally get a chance to tell their side of the story. I thought this to be incredibly creative, funny, and well put together. I really enjoyed the pictures shown with each page of the story. The font was very small, but that would be my only complaint. This was also one of my favorites.

(Screenshot of Epic Women Tell All page)

Reading/perusing these storybook's has given me a much better understanding of what is expected with the Storybook assignment. All of them had the similar gadget of an index, which made going to the desired page very simple. They also all had numerous pictures, which I now see is crucial to getting the reader more involved when imagining the scenes you’ve created.

No comments:

Post a Comment